Jeanine E. Goodwin
Jeanine is a Senior Associate at McCarthy Bouley Barry + Morgan who counsels and defends individuals and corporations in the health care industry. She has extensive courtroom experience in state and federal courts in Massachusetts, and represents clients before professional licensing boards.
Ms. Goodwin began her legal career in 1997 as a criminal prosecutor for the State Attorney of Palm Beach County, Florida. She prosecuted a high volume of criminal actions in the appellate and trial divisions and became Chief of her trial court division. A native to New England, Ms. Goodwin returned to Boston in 2000 and became an Assistant District Attorney in Suffolk County. She tried more than forty jury trials over the course of her career as a prosecutor.
After leaving the public sector in 2003, Ms. Goodwin focused her legal career on representing physicians, hospitals, nurses, dentists and other medical professionals. She has litigated complex claims involving allegations of wrongful death, failure to diagnose, product liability, premises liability, and unfair claim handling. She has successfully resolved cases through pre-trial dismissal, mediation, settlement, trial and the appeal process.
- Faculty member for MCLE training seminar on conducting depositions (2016, 2017, 2018)
- Contributor to updates on Wrongful Death chapter of the MCLE Massachusetts Tort Law Manual (2017, 2019)
- Member of the Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
University of Miami School of Law, 1997
- Phi Delta Phi, Legal Academic Honor Society
- Quarter Finalist, Advanced Moot Court Competition
- Kurt Marmar Award for Professionalism
Emory University, B.A., 1994
- Dean’s List
- Phi Sigma Tau, National Philosophy Honor Society
- U.S. District Court – District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals – First Circuit